Weekend Trip to Intramuros

You know what, when I first arrived Manila, I told my colleagues that I want to visit some nice historical buildings here, and asked for recommendations. Everyone told me that I should give this place a try.

So, ehem, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, today I am gonna be your tourguide to the oldest district of Manila, which named "Intramuros", featuring the Spaniards environment.

Intramuros was built by the Spaniards in the 16th century during the Spanish colonial peroid. In Latin, Intramuros means "inside the wall", implies that the fortress is surrounded by walls, to protect themselves from attacks.

Referring to the history of Phillipines, you would realise that Pinoy has a really close relationship to the Malays from Malaysia and Indonesia. But they are more towards multiculturalism, due to the intermarriage among the difference races especially the Spaniards, Japanese, and Americans that had once ruled this piece of land, and also, the Koreans and Chinese that migrated over here. And because of that, some of the Filipinas have really nice features inherited from different races.

Opsss, all these information makes me really sound like a tourguide huh? Nah, there are a lot more to master before I am qualified, haha! Let's cut the crap and enjoy some nice pictures of this historical district!







To be frank, I haven't finished visiting the district, there are still plenty of places to visit here, such as Fort Santiago, San Agustin Church, Casa Manila, etc. I am gonna visit all these before I mark this district as a visited area.

Labels: , ,


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment